Wednesday, April 15, 2015

...and then the snow falls down


But I can't come out and play today.
I have a pile of paper work to do's. 
Even though the farm is under snow I have grain & feed to buy.
And of course there is the matter of walking the fence lines, removing the downed branches, and patching all the holes. Resetting the clocks from the power outages. Wiping down snowy dogs and shoveling the walks for the schooled kids.
  
But mostly I'm home-bound nursing a pulled or torn muscle behind my left knee from running too hard & too long in the wind.  The stairs are killing me.  My snow boots too heavy to bare wearing. I can''t imagine it would holdup to the work of a steep, snowy trail. And yet I can't imagine letting all this glorious snow go to waste...




No comments:

Post a Comment