Monday, September 7, 2015

last week's movie line-up

When I look at these movies lined up together I have to laugh. I feel like saying, "Wait, I can explain how this happened...." but the next thought is "oh-yeah and we covered the civil war in Syria." 


I think good homeschooling is easy to explain- we did A and B and that lead to C. But GREAT homeschooling is a mess to sort out.  It happens so fast and it feels so easy, keeping track of it be would like trying to remember to breathe.   

I know we watched Mommy Dearest because I told Beach it was creepy when she called me "mommy dearest" and she wanted to know why.  "Why is that creepy, mommy dearest?"



At some point we watched The Goonies because at a local thrift store we found a copy of it along with other retro Disney films including: The Adventures of Chip N Dale, which we also watched. And laughed and laughed and laughed. It (The Adventures of Chip N Dale) was pretty pointless other than opening a discussion about the evolution of other Disney characters.  There is a time and place for pointless.  Like right after you play 20 rounds of hangman, write 2 poems, and bake a tray of oatmeal cookies. 

The Goonies restarted a conversation about gentrification.  That is a hot topic these days.  



We actually went out and saw in the movie theater Inside Out because Beach had seen it with Sarah and Sophie (I don't tend to go to movies much) but wanted her and I to see it together. A point that was totally lost on me until we were together alone in a huge theater watching 11 yr old Riley and all her emotions. 

See, I said I could explain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment