Wednesday, August 2, 2017

it seems like

It seems like it has been a long time since I dreamed you like that.  Dreamed you calm and whole. 

It's been years since I whispered to you across a dreamscape, I thought you were dead.... it's been forever since you simply smiled back. 

I should have known when I breathed a sigh of relief of that it was finally August, that my mind wasn't going to let me pass it off that easily. 

In my dream I kept asking you where you lived.

In my dream I was 2 hours and 1 minute late for work.

In my dream I was offering you my old bedroom, in our old house so you could live closer to me.

I woke to my 5 am alarm.  A dark, hot second day of August intending to go for a run but never leaving the house. 

It's as if all the out-running of July caught up with me today.  My morning rose with wet silence.  The sky slowly peeling back the darkness of night.  Whatever it was I thought I was going to get done today has drifted off into the desert.  And I don't even have the energy to want to follow.


   




No comments:

Post a Comment