Monday, September 24, 2018

at the edge of afternoon


 Baby J has rituals on the farm.  She pulls out the play dough, asks to make pancakes and pizza, gets eggs, washes the eggs, hand feeds Ginger pieces of dog food, asks for Popsicles, looks for the cats, asks to go to the park, plays with the playmobile, finds and feeds the rabbit, and when all that is done she watches "Max".  

At the store she tells me she is too big to ride in the cart and always seems surprised when I agree.  She asks to see Colby at his work.  Tells me her dad is at work and her mom, Sage, & Jake are at home sleeping.  I tell her, her dad is a plumber.  She tells me he's not a plumber, he's a boy! 

She knows the streets and her way home.  She knows where Pops and Nana (her other grandparents) live.  She knows the way down; the freeway exits to take to get to my house.  She spots airplanes in the sky.  It always surprises me how much she can see.  

She says she will got to her Dan-astics again when she is big like Beach

And speaking of Beach, when anything goes wrong, according to Baby J, it's Beach's fault.


By far her favorite ritual on the farm is to go out to the greenhouse to feed the fish and turtles in the big old dairy vat pond.
Grandma, I want to feed the fish.  
I want to see the turtles. 
Grandma, them [sic] hungry.


Yes, they are hungry and I think Jessie is sleepy?


I'm not tired, grandma.  
Grandma, can we go the park?


No comments:

Post a Comment