Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Good Enough Ridge and the Rattle Snake

 Shore Line Trail to Good Enough Ridge (Living Room Trail)
 This is Beach's week off from gymnastics. 
We thought we would sneak in a little hike this morning.  
I might be out of shape but as forecast she's not that kind of athlete isn't a long distance hiker; a little hike turned into a tiny hike. 
 That dog.
 Stopping on Good Enough Ridge was a good idea.  
 Rattle snakes were running wild on the upper trail and in the Living Room.
We talked with a few hikers had to turn around because of them.



Turns out they weren't only on the upper trails.
I never met a rattle snake I didn't step on or almost step on.... true story.  
I don't know if that makes me luck or unlucky but I've never been bit despite my close encounters.   
 I was about 3 inches from this one when I saw him.  I had jumped to the side of the trail to avoid clipping Ginger Dog who was crisscrossing between Beach and me. My foot landed on the 2 little rocks in front of him.  The first thing I registered out of the corner of my eye was the shape of his head!  He never did rattle. It freaked me out for a second but it really scared Beach!!!
 Shut down commuter traffic on the Shore Line as he crossed.
(We hung out to warn the 2 hikers coming down behind us.)
 The End

No comments:

Post a Comment