Sunday, January 20, 2019

it's time to go

That was yesterday.  Today is very different.  It's dark in the little house and the girls are still sleeping but that's all about to change.

It's meet day.

It's also time to go.

We were scheduled to return on Monday but weather conditions have changed our plans.  We are going to try to get out ahead of the statewide snow storm pressing in on Utah.

It means a late start to a long day.

I have been mostly awake since 2AM.  I worry about her flick lay on beam then I worry about gassing the car.  I worry about pre-meet breakfast and grips.  Then about the fastest route home.  I worry about her giant blind and if we have any sun chips left for the drive.

I drift and dream of rain and snow.  I dream of the sound of their feet on the floor.

I am a worrier.  I always have been.  Almost everything makes me nervous.  I am not cut out for this sport.  Not wired to travel.

I am doubting Thomas; I can't believe what I cannot touch.  This is the moment before... and it always scares me.


No comments:

Post a Comment