Sunday, May 17, 2015

weekend notes; rocks, rain, and rolling stones

 When he walked through the front door and said Hello, I thought, that kid sounds more and more like his father each day.  
"That was fast." I answered not wanting to pry too hard into the early arrival home of a teenage boy. I know to save my curiosity for the matters of late arrivals. But the response, "No, I think I'm late..." did not come from the son but from the father. BC had come home; unannounced, unexpected, and yes, in many ways late- he had come.
 4 days, buckets of rain, and 3 Al Pacino films later....
...we are all on our feet again.
And the grass is very, very green. 
In the red desert the house of straw rising. 
BC's truck is repacked, laundry folded, cupboards filled, and the long weekend closing.
Life is once again moving forward.
"You don't always get what you want but if you try sometimes well you might find you get what you need." Rolling Stones~

No comments:

Post a Comment