Monday, September 14, 2015

before we part ways, mlb


 I now think I understand why man created gods


Until now I figured people knew.

They knew when something was right,
and they knew when something was wrong.


We made our way steadily making choices from each side.
But overall we preferred to be good.

As it turns out there are people who don't.

So gods were created to deal with these people.

And when the threat of god wasn't enough to change their pursuit of badness,
the Devil was invented to explain them.

Heaven made to shut them out,
and Hell to house them.

You can call what you are doing bluntness
or honesty
but it is simply hate & anger.

You are the worst thing to be-
you are mean.


You can pretend to yourself that you are traveling on a higher ground
but your wicked words betray the dark depths of the way you walk the world.

Stomping on people,
pushing the downed lower,
callously stepping over the young.
 I won't walk here with you.
 I won't even stand by to watch you go safely away.

See I don't need a god to whisper to me to know.

My soul came before all that nonsense was issued.

 I don't believe, but I can feel my way through just fine.
Gifted with kindness that was passed down to me,
kindness I pass down to my children,
and them to theirs'.

 I know what you are. 
And I know where you are going.

Please tell the Devil I said hello....
because among other good things, 
I am also very polite.


   mlb 9/14/15


No comments:

Post a Comment