Friday, July 19, 2019

b.u.s.y.

Busy.  That's all I can really say for myself.  A new dog.  Summer schedule at the gym.  A huge reorganizing project on the farm.  The addition of a Tiny House.  Helping BC with his new project Juniper Works

A little more time spent with the Nearly-Growns and Little J (can't really call her a baby anymore).  A 15-year-old daughter with a day and a night job... the discovery of Instagram.

Yeah. Busy.

But I miss writing.

I get positive comments on my Instagram. I like Instagram! But yesterday one of the kind commenters didn't know I even had a blog.  It's been that long.

I have seen this same post from many a blogger, it's been too long, I promise to be better, writing about not writing.

The truth is writing is like any other discipline.  It takes time and energy and practice. So yeah, I am out of practice but not out of stories or words.

One of the main storylines in my head and heart right now is Beach's recovery from her back injury.  Having an injured athlete isn't its own chapter, it is its own book.

The R&B Farmstead has stories too. Adventures in skunks mostly.

Then there is Juneau. He has awakened something in my heart I haven't felt for an animal since Kilo.  He is naughty and cuddly. 

He is terrified of men.  He pulls leaves off the sunflowers and puts them in the water bowls that are out in the yard. He is wicked smart- something you could never accuse Kilo of being. 

He likes to reorganize things, not too destructive so far, and really good at catching flies!

And back at the gym, fall schedules are going out which means Meet Season is on the brain.

On Wednesday night I watched the as new compulsory parents received their Meet Season packets and placement letters.

The Optionals BBQ is next.  I will watch the new Level 6's get theirs.  I find that always gives me a lot to say...


As for us, for Beach, it's like the bubble scene in Willy Wonka- we are on the ceiling trying to decide if we are having fun way up here or if we are just totally terrified of the whirling fan ahead of us. Level 10, that's as high as it goes here. Of course, there is a chance with her injury she will stay Level 9.  Levels mean both more and less at the top.


Yeah, it's been a minute but I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment