Saturday, June 13, 2015

old rusty and I


Yep, I would have rather not stepped on a nail last night. I was on the phone with Sarah. Probably paying more attention to words on the wire than boards on the grounds. My dad would have a shit-fit. He is always after me to about nails!!! 

Between the swearing and laughing Sarah had a pretty hard time deciding if I was really hurt. She told me this morning that I strung the longest consecutive unbroken chain of f-bombs she had ever heard outside of AA. 

I would say it was mostly funny until I remember the committed relationship between rusty & tenuous. Despite that I still made a phone call to check my odds but got told this was not something to gamble on.  


Up until that moment the weekend had really been looking promising. I was considering a day at the lake, a hike, and of course a long run south. 

Now, I can run with a hole in my foot, no problem! Unfortunately at the moment I felt the nail pass through my flip-flop into my foot I tensed so hard it felt like I ripped my soleus off the bone. And sure enough, what hurts the most today is the pain creeping up my lower leg! 


I think this weekend has turned into a reading weekend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment