Wednesday, June 10, 2015

in the land of Oz

Okay, Oz is not Jack but he is pretty cool for a cat. Especially a used cat. We picked him up at the local animal shelter. It went down like this: I took the ninjas to Kitty City to see cats. I specifically told Beach I was not buying a cat today. 



As we walked around the ninjas would squeal and hand me sleeping piles of mushy hair to hold. None those kittens would have worked. But OZ wasn't even in a cage he was out running wild. I pet him and he bit me drawing blood. I fell in love with him right then. 



"I sort of think we need this cat." I said after I read his bio: 2yr old Lively, playful, alpha male, good with other cats, good with dogs, and good with kids. 

Beach reminded me that we weren't buying a cat. But as luck would have it Oz was reduced for quick sale, manager special cat. Marked down from $25 to free. So technically we didn't buy a cat.  


Turns out he is slightly less wild than his first impression. He let the ladies at the shelter trim his nails without any trouble. [I had no idea you could trim a cats nails.] Then he let us put him in a tiny cardboard box for the ride home without a single meow! At home we let him out of his box and he was fine. Totally fine, as if nothing strange was going on. 



He met the dogs nose to nose. He did scale Pixel's cage for a closer look but that sweet bird let him know who not to mess with. 


Pixel laughed, ate peanuts, and had a few drinks while Oz tried to figure out how to get him. In the end Pixel decided the show was over nipped the cat's paw and that ended that. Now all Oz has to do is survive Beach's love.


Welcome home, Oz! 

No comments:

Post a Comment