Wednesday, December 2, 2015

snowflakes and holiday wreaths (and a note on Christmas)


Beach is a planner.  On Monday, she made a list of all the fun activities she wants to DO leading up to Christmas. 
You will hear this quite a lot from us, the DO-ing part of the holiday. I'm not a huge fan of the pressure and buying and more buying and more pressure that for some of us is too much.  Too much spending, too much getting, too much of too much!  That isn't to say I don't like the giving idea, but rather I don't like the giving all at once.  I would rather us be generous and thoughtful with each other all year long.   
 We try for practical and spiritual reasons to focus on spending time not money.  I prefer to enjoy the whole season, every day, celebrating the next few months and all the holiday from Thanksgiving to St. Patrick's Day as one big Winter Holiday.  Not to forget the biggest, longest holiday around these parts: Meet Season! 
But back to Beach and her Doing List.

Tuesday, December 1st Make Snowflakes! 
Wednesday, December 2nd Wreaths! 
(Gotta love the dollar store!)



1 comment:

  1. I love it.
    And I hear you loud and clear.
    At this time every year I have a crisis - I buy the kids a few thoughtful, well chosen gifts, and then I look at them and they just don't seem enough.
    It's hard.
    But also beautiful when you stick with a few gifts (this year it is five in our house, and that includes at least one practical item of clothing) and you see that on Christmas day it is enough.
    You got this Misty.
    And Beach - Beach with her wreaths has totally nailed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete