Sunday, August 23, 2015

pennies in the well


I first head the news of the rumor yesterday. BC told me over the phone that Fisher had changed his mind yet again and would be returning to SLC for school. School that starts on Monday.

The second call came in just after lunch time. BC is coming home today (after only leaving SLC to return to Moab yesterday). He will spend the night here and early in the morning drive to Idaho to pick Fisher up.

SLC is the better place for him. We all know this. Life in his mother's household sounds disjointed and inconsistent. I'm being polite.


Of course what I kept hearing in the conversations between BC and his ex or BC and parents, as the battle about "where is best" has been talked all summer, is the strong emphasis on how soon BC will be home; promising that the job will be finished first week in October- so it will all be okay.



And I don't know how to take that. 

Fisher did really well under my solo care and without any child support from his mom. Being less polite.  The whole year and all the facts about it don't seem to count. BC's TBA return somehow erases the sacrifices & losses. But only for Beach & me and not Fisher; his hardships will be made-up for. His time "without" amended by all parties.

So on Monday school starts. Fisher will miss his first day of  his Jr year. I wouldn't have planned it that way but that is the spot he is in. He and his dad will be on the road driving between households. BC will stay Tuesday to enroll him and get him his Utah DL (16 yrs old!) and something about a car from BC's parents.  

I think Beach and I will be at the zoo starting zoology as planned (despite the upheaval). See, Monday is Beach's first day "back" at school too. There will be afternoon gym and Tuesday life as it always is for her and I.


And there isn't anything else I can say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment