Thursday, July 21, 2016

passing in the night


I passed myself in the night

 It happened between the dream where he was standing here with me, his arms folded, face angry, his shadow falling down a dark sloping street

And the 9th time I checked the alarm clock only to discover that the day hadn't quite ended yet


It happened sometime after I heard a noise in the moonlit driveway below my bedroom window , startled awake, sitting listening for more proof

Sometime before I kicked the tiny house cat, sleeping heavy, off the end of my bed- only to have her instantly return


It was merely a small glimpse of me
Like someone leaving a room before you fully get there
A blurred photograph
A dark page
A whisper out of earshot 

I passed myself in the night
like a storm cloud in the desert
And when I woke up it was as if I had never been there at all



No comments:

Post a Comment